- What is your name/stage name?
Jason Dent / JX Phantom.
- When is your birthday?
April 5th, 1981.
- Where are you from?
- What do you do?
Homemade tropical fruit drink vendor at festivals state to state.
- How long have you been making music?
- What was your first song/project?
Long lost song called Divided We Fall.
- Who’s your inspiration?
Nas (Not Lil Nas X).
- What genre of music do you create?
A mix of Trap and Hip-hop (Trap Hop).
- Do you come up with your video concepts?
- What was it like working with _
If you remember JoJo world, you remember Smylez, a pioneer of the Chicago drill scene. Laid back non stop hustleholic. He believed in my music all the way, R.I.P, my family.
- What are some features you have?
My only features currently consist of people from my mid city family, E-Man, 187 and my boy, Street. Had Smylez not passed when he did, I would have a more major artist roster in my history, this day.
- What are some features you want to get?
Money Bagg Yo, Kendrick Lamar, Ghostface, and Lil Durk to name a few.
- Who’s one person, dead or alive, that you’d want to work with?
- Are you signed to a label?
- Do you want a record deal, a distribution deal, or none?
A distribution deal would keep my independence.
- Who are your biggest supporters?
My music has been relatable to all demographics equally, except racists. I reach the hood and the burbs alike.
- Where did your name come from?
The concept of the Phantom Of The Opera story.
- Do you write your own material?
- Do you create your own music video concepts?
Yes I do, as well as editing and Special effects these days.
- What’s your favorite music to listen to?
Mostly conscious rap or trap.
- What are you currently working on?
I’m currently finish up my latest L.P project, Dark Poetry.
- What is your latest release?
A newer single called Hellfire.
- When is your next release?
- Are you the type to pull up alone or with a group of people?
I go with the flow. If it’s a party, I’ll go alone if I have to. If it’s a war, I’ll go alone if I have to. We’re born alone, we die that way.
- What is one stage you want to sell-out?
House Of Blues.
- Where is one place you want to travel to perform?
- What’s the biggest crowd that you have performed for?
- Who’s someone you can see yourself on tour with?
- Who produces your music?
Wyshmaster, Omega Sign, Savo, Kid Dyno and myself.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Film making, and producing more music.
- What’s your favorite clothing brand?
Atsuko (Anime clothing)
- Where do you shop?
Burlington Coat Factory.
- What’s your favorite type of car?
The Lycan supercar
- What’s your favorite place to travel to?
- Did COVID change your career for better or worse?
Yes ,It got real hard to keep shows booked, but no because my presence value has gone up considerably this year.
Official Website www.xhadowmusic.com