1. How would you describe your musical style?
My musical style is indie folk-rock pop with an electronic flare.
2. What is the first album you owned?
It wasn’t just one record, but a collection of old vinyl records which included Rolling Stones’ Tattoo You, Black Sabbath’s Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix and the Experience’s Electric Lady Land, Debut Studio Album by Led Zeppelin, etc.
3. How do you prepare before going up on stage?
Before I go on stage, I meditate at least 24 hours in advance, do vocal warm-ups for 30-45 mins, drink a good amount of water, and I keep in a state of deep meditation to keep calm through the nerves.
4. If we’re going to buy you a drink, what should it be?
I love fruit Margaritas with a salt rim or a shot of whiskey.
5. What’s a song that has been stuck in your head these days?
Watermelon Sugar High by Harry Styles has been playing in my head, but indeed I absolutely love his new album, Harry’s House! A big congratulations to Harry for putting out such a genius record- I love all the songs.
6. Who’s your favorite artist?
There are too many to name! I have the utmost respect for many artists, but no one has hit me quite right just like the Beatles. I also love Stevie Nicks.
7. Tell us about the first song you made. Was it a success or a failure?
The first song I made was in a collaboration with The Jokerr. I sang and played cello on this track called, “An Incredible Sound”, and this song is still one of our most popular tunes.
8. What is the story behind “Party With Our Friends”?
The story behind “Party With Our Friends” is that I wrote this song long ago in 2012 thinking about a future unknown lover. I wrote this song so they would know that until we meet, I and they would be partying with our friends. I recently
(2022) created the vocal melody and guitar part for this song, and everything kinda just vibed together well within the first hour of creation.
9. If you could pick one or the other, what would you choose, the money or the fame?
Not money, nor fame alone brings happiness. I choose LOVE. Do what you love, love what you do, put love into everything you do, and the rest will follow. Have faith and choose love. Our world needs more of this.
10. If you could go back in time or in the future, which one would you choose and why?
I would go back in time to the 1960s/70s to experience what is like to live in a world without the internet and to explore the recording studios and the genius minds behind the madness. I absolutely adore classic vinyl, and the feeling of being in a big recording studio is home to me. In this life, I’m looking for another George Martin.